Teeth Whitening (Teeth Bleaching)
You can whiten your teeth in a single visit!
In-office professional whitening is the recommended method to whiten and brighten your teeth. Manhattan Dentists, PC offers a comfortable, effective way to whiten your smile.
Here are some reasons to ask your dentist about whitening your teeth:
- Some popular over-the-counter whitening products can actually damage your teeth.
- Your dentist can whiten your teeth faster than OTC products can.
- Gum barriers can reduce gum sensitivity from bleaching.
Sensitivity following whitening is common. Talk to your dentist to discuss how you can manage and reduce the sensitivity!
Dental stain is a common concern of most of the population. Here are some causes of teeth stain you may not have known about:
- Certain foods and liquids (wine, coffee, tea, etc) can discolor teeth.
- Teeth discolor with age! As we age, the chemistry in our teeth changes, causing a darkening or yellowing of our teeth.
- Dental trauma, or injury, can cause a tooth to discolor or darken over time.
- Smoking or any tobacco use is a major cause of teeth stain and discoloration.
- Certain antibiotics can cause teeth to stain during development (i.e. tetracycline stain). Fluorosis, enamel hypoplasia, enamel defects, are just some of the many other dental conditions which exhibit discoloration in teeth. Typically, whitening alone cannot correct these types of stain.